International Air Cargo and Ocean Freight Transport Services Company As transport brokers for air and ocean cargo, we offer customers a full range of worldwide shipping services.
We provide you with a vast transport network of air cargo carriers and international ocean freight agents.
This shipping network and its significant traffic volume gives us the ability to offer you attractive pricing from major international ocean and air transport carriers, thus keeping rates at the competitive level you need to take advantage of your global markets.
Supply Chain Solutions:
At Makhulu's Logistics, we help our customers focus on optimizing performance in their core businesses by implementing broad-
• Enhance visibility by leveraging information
• Improve customer satisfaction through effectively managed processes.
Create value through operating and financial performance
Warehouse Facilities Management:
Warehouse Facilities Management involves the identification of optimal site locations and the development of the optimal facility layout and equipment to enable the operation to run smoothly and efficiently.
• Inventory management: analytics and modeling of inventory levels and activities in support of production and planning
• Order fulfillment and material handling
• Value added services: kitting, packing, metering, sequencing, light assembly, labeling, bundling and unbundling, repairs
• Reverse logistics
• Staff hiring and training
Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), RFID, EDI integration
• Reduces inventory investments
• Reduces storage space requirements
• Reduces handling
• Leverages existing transportation network
• Increase throughput
• Reduces operating costs
Enables continuous product replenishment
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI):
Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) is a replenishment model in which a supplier is responsible for fulfillment against orders issued on behalf of the manufacturer and based on demand information.
During this process, all parties are guided by mutually agreed upon objectives for inventory levels, fill rates and transaction costs.
Typical VMI fulfillment process:
1. The manufacturer provides daily production material needs via EDI to Makhulu's.
2. Makhulu's pulls the requested material from inventory and coordinates delivery to the manufacturing facility.
3. Makhulu's sends transaction details and replenishment needs via EDI to the vendor(s) on a daily basis.
4. The vendors analyze the information provided by Makhulu's to fulfill purchase orders and maintain set inventory levels.
Makhulu's offers a full suite of transportation management capabilities including:
1. Transportation Consulting: Solution assessment, design, and route/load optimization
2. Carrier procurement: Procurement of multi-
3. Shipment planning and execution: Management of the shipment process by building orders into loads, selecting routes and carriers, providing status, tracking goods in-
4. Mode Optimization: Determines the most cost effective mode(s) of transportation based on historical data and/or real-
5. Freight bill audit and pay (FBAP): Auditing, processing and paying carrier freight bills
6. Freight brokerage: The solicitation of freight or freight capacity on the open market, and the subsequent contracting of freight movements on a transactional basis
7. Global Trade Services: Services associated with facilitating the exit, movement, and entry of goods between countries in the most cost effective and efficient manner
8. Transportation Management System (TMS): Suite of software tools to plan, procure, execute and monitor all transportation events in a logistics network
Dedicated Contract Carriage:
Dedicated Contract Carriage (DCC) includes the management of drivers, vehicles, maintenance services, route design, delivery and administrative support for a fixed price.
Dedicated Contract Carriage is typically used with complex transportation and distribution requirements.
1. Optimized routing and scheduling
2. Transportation planning and loading time
3. Equipment management and availability
4. Trailer capacity optimization
5. Driver recruitment and driver hours scheduling
6. Vehicle procurement and maintenance
7. Risk management and regulatory compliance
9. Backhaul support
Our vision is to add value for clients, colleagues, business partners and shareholders through consistent pursuit of excellence and commitment to our shared values.
Makhulus Logistics Mission is to provide innovative, practical and top-
Website developed by: